- LA Honda World follows up Lime Rock podium with Road America top-five
- HART Honda Civic Type R TCR goes season-best sixth
- Mike LaMarra moves into top-five in championship standings
The Honda Civic Type R TCRs in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge series were back in action in the Road America 120, where the LA Honda World #37 scored a fifth-place result.
Ryan Eversley was paired with Mike LaMarra for this weekend’s race—following a driver lineup restructuring that saw LaMarra and Mat Pombo swap seats within the LA Honda World organization.
LaMarra qualified their #37 Honda Civic Type R TCR seventh; and the pair worked their way through the race methodically, avoiding incidents that caught out others. After the driver change, Eversley found himself sixth in the closing minutes of the race, and would cross the line fifth after the previously championship-leading #98 pulled off course – apparently out of fuel.
The result would boost Mike LaMarra to fifth in the championship standings and Ryan Eversley to seventh—each one position up from where they started the weekend.
HART also had a strong race at Road America, finishing sixth in the hands of drivers Chad Gilsinger and Steve Eich. The result marks the #89 Honda Civic Type R TCR machine’s best result of the season.
The sister LA Honda World #73 entry of Mat Pombo and William Tally showed strong pace in practice, going second fastest in the second practice session—but unfortunately withdrew before the start of the race owing to a damper issue.
Road America 120 Honda TCR Race Results
- 5th - #37 Ryan Eversley+Mike LaMarra, LA Honda World Honda Civic Type R TCR
- 6th - #89 Steve Eich+Chad Gilsinger, HART Honda Civic Type R TCR
- DNS - #73 Mat Pombo+William Tally, LA Honda World Honda Civic Type R TCR
The IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge next heads to VIRginia International Raceway for the Virginia is for the August 26 Racing Lovers Grand Prix. The race will be streamed live on NBC Peacock.
HPD has three ready-to-race Civic models for touring car competition. The line starts with the affordable and reliable Civic Si TCA race car, then leads to the Civic Type R TC racer that puts legendary Type R performance on track, and culminates with the no-compromise, championship-winning Civic Type R TCR race car. Our unparalleled trackside support at every level from HPD engineers is a unique benefit that no other manufacturer can offer. Find out more about these cars and our touring programs at: https://hpd.honda.com/Motorsports/Touring
Honda Racing social media content and video links can be found on:
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- TikTok (www.tiktok.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV)
# # #