- Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport #10 Acura ARX-06 to start fourth; Meyer Shank Racing #60 Acura sixth in GTP.
- Gradient Racing looking for strong run from 10th in GTD; Racers Edge Motorsports with WTRAndretti to start 11th
Filipe Albuquerque led the Acura effort at Road America today, qualifying fourth in the #10 Acura ARX-06 prototype he will share with Ricky Taylor in Sunday's WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race.
The Meyer Shank Racing duo of Tom Blomqvist and Colin Braun will line up sixth overall in their #60 Acura, with Braun piloting the ARX-06 in qualifying today around the classic, 4.0-mile Road America course.
Acura NSX GT3 Evo22
In the production-based GTD category, Sheena Monk produced her best run yet in her first year of WeatherTech competition, and will start 10th in the #66 Acura NSX GT3 Evo22 she shares with Katherine Legge.
Making her fifth IMSA appearance of the season, Ashton Harrison was next in GTD, qualifying 11th in the #93 Racers Edge with WTRAndretti Acura she will share with former series champion Mario Farnbacher.
IMSA Road America Acura Qualifying Results
- 4th overall - #10 Filipe Albuquerque and Ricky Taylor, Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport Acura ARX-06
- 6th overall - #60 Tom Blomqvist and Colin Braun, Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-06
- 10th GTD - #66 Sheena Monk and Katherine Legge, Gradient Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22
- 11th GTD - #93 Ashton Harrison and Mario Farnbacher, Racers Edge Motorsports with WTRAndretti
- Acura Motorsports and HPD have recorded nine victories at Road America, and are the defending race winners. Wayne Taylor Racing with drivers Filipe Albuquerque and Ricky Taylor took their Acura ARX-05 to victory in last year's race, one of four wins for the WTR duo in 2022.
- Acura's first win at Road America came in 1993, when Parker Johnstone and Dan Marvin took their Comptech Racing Acura Spice SE92P to the Camel Lights class win.
Filipe Albuquerque (#10 Wayne Taylor Racing with Andretti Autosport Acura ARX-06) Qualified fourth: "I enjoyed qualifying so much here at Road America, the low fuel, new tires, no traffic – it's awesome, but today we didn't have it for those laps on pole position, unfortunately, and I really thought we had it. I figured out that we had too much understeer on the car. The race will be completely different, so P4 is a good starting point."
Ashton Harrison (#93 Racers Edge Motorsports with WTRAndretti Acura NSX GT3 Evo22) Qualified 11th in GTD: "I feel really good about our qualifying. Personally, I made some big improvements, and that was my whole goal. I'm excited to start alongside the [Gradient Racing] Acura, and I think our race pace is really strong. It's good to be back with [co-driver] Mario [Farnbacher], so exciting times ahead!"
Where to Watch the IMSA Sports Car Weekend at Road America
Live, flag-to-flag coverage from Road America will be available on USA Network starting at 11 a.m. EDT Sunday.
Fans can listen to audio commentary via IMSA.com, RadioLeMans.com and Sirius XM Radio; and follow the race live via in-car cameras, IMSA Radio and timing & scoring available worldwide on IMSA.com and the IMSA mobile device App.
Acura Motorsports social media content and video links can be found on:
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- TikTok (www.tiktok.com/hondaracing_hpd)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/HondaRacing_Hpd)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV)
# # #