Acura saw double digit sales growth
CR-V set April monthly sales record
Pilot broke seven-year April sales record
MARKHAM, ON (May 1, 2015) – Combined April sales of 16,679 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 7% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported April sales of 14,447 units, up 6% over last year. The Acura Division reported April sales of 2,232 units, up 13% over last year.
"Strong April sales of both the compact Civic and the Honda truck lineup demonstrate the power of the Honda brand with individual buyers," said Dave Gardner, senior vice president of operations, Honda Canada Inc. "Honda is delivering incredible value throughout our product lineup that is resonating with our customers. We’re looking to build on this momentum as functional and versatile products like HR-V and Pilot are launching in the next few months."
"With TLX sales topping 500 units in a segment full of tough competitors, the TLX is establishing itself as a top player in the luxury sports sedan category and helping to re-establish the success of the Acura sedan line-up,” said Gardner.
• Sales of the Canadian-built Civic were up 21% over last year (5,634 units versus 4,643 units in 2014)
• Canadian-built Honda CR-V set an April monthly sales record with 3,883 units sold (versus 3,793 in 2013)
• Honda Odyssey sales were up 23% over the last year (1,320 units versus 1,072 units in 2014)
• Honda Pilot sales surged 30% in April with 712 units sold, breaking a seven-year record (versus 692 in 2008)
• Acura sales growth was led by the success of TLX, with a year-over-year increase of 160% (512 units versus 197 in 2014)
• Acura MDX surpassed expectations with 580 units sold for year-over-year growth of 6% (versus 547 units sold in 2014)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.