Acura sells 500,000th unit in Canada
MARKHAM, ON (October 3, 2016) – Honda Canada today reported an increase of 1% in September, on sales of 17,597 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined, setting an all-new best September record. The Honda Automobile Division reported September sales of 15,609 units, up 3% over last year, which also represents a September record. The Acura Division reported September sales of 1,988 units, down 11% versus last year.
"Boasting unsurpassed dynamic refinement and extensive comfort and convenience features, the all-new versatile Ridgeline pickup truck continues to post strong monthly sales numbers, breaking a 10-year-old September record,” said Dave Gardner, Senior Vice President of Operations, Honda Canada Inc. “As the third body style in the 10th-generation Civic lineup, the striking 2017 Civic Hatchback joined the Civic Sedan and Coupe on dealership lots in September and will help Civic to further widen the gap as leader in passenger car sales.”
“We’re extremely proud of what Acura has accomplished since our early days and achieving half-a-million cumulative vehicles sold to Canadians in September is testament to our luxury products and continued growth,” added Gardner.
• Honda Canada Inc. sales rose 1% to set a September record with 17,597 units sold
• Honda Division saw its best September ever with 15,609 units sold versus 15,204 units in 2015
• Honda HR-V set an all-time September record with 1,093 units sold versus 1,076 units sold in 2015
• Honda CR-V topped its best September ever with 4,239 units sold versus the previous best September in 2015 with 3,747 units sold
• Honda Ridgeline broke a 10-year-old September sales record with 541 units sold versus September 2006 with 377 units sold
• For the third consecutive month, Acura RDX set a monthly sales record with 856 unit sales versus the previous best September in 2015 with 637 units sold
Honda Canada Inc. (HCI) was founded in 1969 and is the parent company for both Honda and Acura vehicle brands in Canada. The company has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light trucks in Canada.