Honda Pilot sales record, strong Civic and Accord sales along with new November sales record for Acura RDX and strong ILX sales drive best ever November for Honda Canada.
MARKHAM, ON (December 1, 2015) – Honda Canada Inc. set a new all-time November sales record, on sales of 14,761 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined. The Honda Automobile Division reported a new all-time November sales record of 13,025 units, 2.3% higher than the previous record, set in November 2014. The Acura Division reported November sales of 1,736 units, down 4 percent versus last year.
“Once again, our customers have expressed a strong desire to park a Honda or Acura truck in their driveway, and that demand drove Honda’s success over the past month,” said Dave Gardner, senior vice president of operations, Honda Canada Inc. “Canadians love the all-new Honda Pilot, which set a new sales record, as did the Acura RDX. Not to be outdone of course was the newly redesigned 2016 Civic and the refreshed 2016 Accord. Both have been extremely well-received here in Canada and we’re looking forward to a very strong performance in December.”
• The Honda Division set a new November all-time record with 13,025 sales beating last record set in November 2014 (12,736).
• Honda Civic and Accord both posted double digit gains over 2014 results. November Civic sales were 5,082 up 22% and November Accord sales were 1,306 up 22%.
• Honda Pilot set a new November sales record with 907 sold. The previous November record was from 2002, with 513 sold. November was the 8th consecutive monthly sales record for Honda Pilot.
• Acura RDX finished with November sales of 613, which set an all-time November sales record, up 7% from November 2014. November was the 7th month in a row that Acura RDX has set a new sales record.
• Acura ILX had a strong November with sales of 216 units, is up 22% from 2014
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.