MARKHAM, ON (April 3, 2017) – Combined March sales of 19,175 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 17% increase over last year’s sales, setting an all-time monthly sales record for the company. The Honda Automobile Division set an all-time monthly sales record, gaining 19% on sales of 17,392 units. The Acura Division reported March sales of 1,783 units, up 4% over last year.
“Supported by HR-V at the entry level of the lineup, CR-V and Civic are clearly winners with Canadian consumers,” said Jean Marc Leclerc, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “Despite the market trend to trucks and SUVs, the Civic family continues to offer customers a variety of packages to suit their needs.”
“Competitive market offers celebrating Acura’s 30th anniversary in Canada were extended into March, helping propel MDX to double digit gains. Good news for the Acura brand will continue with the spring launch of the 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid and the unveil of the significantly enhanced 2018 TLX performance sedan in New York on April 11,” added Leclerc.
• Honda Canada Inc. broke a nine-year-old all-time monthly sales record with 19,175 units sold versus 18,894 units sold in May 2008
• The Honda brand posted a new all-time monthly sales record with 17,392 units sold versus 17,189 units in May 2016
• Honda HR-V sailed past the previous March record with an 81% increase
• With 8,145 units sold, Civic set a new March record versus 8,031 units sold in 2011
• Honda CR-V set a March record on sales of 4,374 units sold versus March 2012 with 4,104 units sold
Honda Canada Inc. (HCI) was founded in 1969 and is the parent company for both Honda and Acura vehicle brands in Canada. The company has produced more than 7.7 million cars and light trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $4.7 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light trucks in Canada.