All-new Acura sedans off to a strong start, pushing Acura to best October sales
Honda Fit and CR-V set all-time October records
MARKHAM, ON (November 3, 2014) – Combined October sales of 15,404 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 1% increase versus last year’s sales, which achieves a best October monthly sales record. The Honda Automobile Division reported October sales of 13,225 units, down 4% versus last year. The Acura Division reported October sales of 2,179 units, up 42% over last year, setting an all-time October monthly sales record.
“Canadian consumers have embraced the dynamic capabilities and luxury refinement of TLX and RLX, Acura’s all-new sedans that launched this fall, pushing sales to an all-time October monthly record for the brand. Acura’s SUV offerings continue to perform well as winter approaches, helping RDX to achieve best-ever October sales,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “The Fit and CR-V, Honda’s most versatile and functional redesigned products for 2015, are outpacing targets and exceeding sales expectations, both setting all-time October sales records.”
“We are extremely pleased that Honda Canada has achieved best October combined sales, as we lead up to the holiday selling season,” added Gardner.
• Honda Canada Inc. sets all-time October combined sales record (15,404 versus 15,302 in 2013)
• Honda Fit sales up 60% versus the same period last year, setting an all-time October sales record (1,427 units versus 1,363 units in 2008)
• Honda Civic holds its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada
• Honda CR-V saw gains of 7% in October versus last year, setting an all-time October sales record (2,759 versus 2,679 in 2011)
• Acura Canada achieves best all-time October monthly sales record (2,179 versus 2,079 in 2009)
• Acura TLX sales are off to a strong start with 788 units sold in October
• Acura RDX achieved a monthly October sales record with 569 units sold (versus 556 units sold in 2013)
• Acura MDX sales were up 15% in October versus the same period last year (562 versus 489 units sold in 2013)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 4 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.