All-new Honda Fit and Acura TLX off to a strong start
Acura achieves double-digit gains for the month
MARKHAM, ON (October 1, 2014) – Combined September sales of 15,005 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented an 8% increase versus last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported September sales of 13,341 units, up 7% over last year. The Acura Division reported September sales of 1,664 units, up 10% over last year.
“Thanks to restored dealer inventory levels in September, we were able to regain retail sales momentum as we enter the Fall selling season,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “Sales of our four core Honda models, Civic, Accord, CR-V and Odyssey, were solid in September and we’ve seen extremely strong consumer interest in the all-new Fit sub-compact, as it began arriving at dealer showrooms in late August. With best-in-class cargo volume with rear seats folded, increased power, improved fuel economy and more refined, yet sporty dynamics, the completely redesigned 2015 Fit is poised to become Honda’s fifth core model moving forward.”
“Acura’s SUV offerings continue to perform well and as an impressive addition to Acura's sedan line-up, Canadian consumers have recognized the all-new TLX sport sedan’s combination of two distinctive powertrain options and its dynamic capability, helping Acura to achieve double-digit gains.”
• Honda Civic holds its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada (up 10% in September versus last year)
• Honda Accord sales increased by 10% over the same period last year (1,465 versus 1,333 in 2013)
• Honda CR-V saw gains of 31% in September versus last year (2,961 versus 2,262 in 2013)
• Honda Odyssey sales were up 25% versus the same period last year (878 versus 705 units sold)
• Acura RDX achieved a monthly September sales record with 485 units sold (versus 483 units sold in 2013)
• Acura sales were led by MDX monthly sales, up 12% in September versus the same period last year (523 versus 468 units sold in 2013)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $1.98 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 3.9 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.