Honda posts all-time July sales record
Honda Civic continues to top competitors in the passenger car category
MARKHAM, ON (August 1, 2014) – Combined July sales of 15,947 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 5% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported July sales of 14,574 units, up 8% over last year, setting an all-time July monthly sales record. The Acura Division reported July sales of 1,373 units, down 19% versus last year.
"Honda’s strength and sales momentum in a wide selection of utility vehicles including the Honda Odyssey, Pilot and Ridgeline continues, as we hit seven consecutive months of sales increases,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "With Acura’s SUVs continuing to impress and the all-new 2015 TLX performance luxury sedan launching in the Canadian market shortly, Acura will see a surge in sales through the balance of 2014.”
• Honda Civic holds its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada entering the second half of 2014 (up 16% in July versus last year)
• Honda Pilot monthly sales were up 9% versus the same period last year, setting an all-time monthly sales record (655 versus 642 units sold in July 2008)
• Honda Odyssey sales were up 29% versus the same period last year (1,201 versus 930 units sold)
• Honda Ridgeline sales were up 8% versus the same period last year (187 versus 173 units sold)
• Acura RDX monthly sales were up 2% in July versus the same period last year, setting an all-time monthly sales record (485 versus 478 units sold in 2013)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $1.98 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 3.9 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.