MARKHAM, ON (September 4, 2013) – Combined August sales of 16,208 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 19% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported August sales of 14,552 units, up 20% over last year. The Acura Division reported August sales of 1,656 units, up 5% over last year.
"August sales continued with what's been a very strong summer for Honda Canada," said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Customers responded favourably to our 2013 model summer campaigns and our new 2014 models, such as the Honda Odyssey and the brand new Acura MDX. And topping August off, Civic sales of 7,213 units, a 25% increase versus last August, has solidified Civic's position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada," added Gardner.
• Honda Civic was up 25% over the same period last year with 7,213 units sold and solidified its position as the number one selling passenger car position on an YTD basis
• Honda Accord had very strong sales of 1,419 units sold versus 829 units in the same period last year (up 71%)
• Honda Fit had great sales of 902 units sold versus 407 units in the same period last year (up 122%)
• Honda Pilot was up 21% over the same period last year with 879 units sold
• Honda CR-V sales remain strong with 2,895 units sold despite of the short supply of the 2013 model
• Acura business was led by 527 delivered units of the all-new 2014 MDX
• Acura RDX had its best August with 534 sales versus the previous best August in 2007 of 471 sales