MARKHAM, ON (December 3, 2013) – Combined November sales of 13,728 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 10% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported November sales of 12,258 units, up 13% over last year and represents the brand’s best November since 2006. The Acura Division reported November sales of 1,470 units, down 6% over last year.
"Canadians demand durability, quality and reliability from Honda and we continue to deliver with strong sales of customer favourites, such as Fit, CR-V, Accord and the revised Odyssey minivan. And Canada's top selling passenger car, the Honda Civic, sold just over 5,700 units in November as we close in on our unprecedented 16th consecutive year as Canada's best seller" said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Our loyal Acura customers continue to support our luxury sport utility vehicles, as both RDX and MDX, AJAC’s 2014 Best New SUV over $60,000, saw strong sales in November. We are looking forward to continued sales momentum over the holiday season and well into 2014.”
• Honda Civic was up 13% over the same period last year with 5,701 units sold, holding its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada on a YTD basis (versus 5,061 units sold in the same period last year)
• Honda Fit had great sales of 737 units sold versus 375 units in the same period last year (up 97%)
• Honda CR-V set a new November sales record with 2,860 units sold (versus 2,626 units sold in 2012)
• Honda Odyssey sales increased by 56% over the same period last year (876 units versus 562)
• Acura business was led by 522 delivered units of the RDX, representing best November sales since 2007 (versus 481)
• The Acura MDX, AJAC’s newly-named ‘Best New SUV over $60,000’, outpaced November 2012 sales (506 units versus 449)