• Pilot sets 11th monthly record in 12 months
• Civic remains on top of the compact segment
MARKHAM, ON (April 1, 2016) – Honda Canada today reported an increase of 11% in March, on sales of 16,355 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined, breaking an eight-year-old monthly record. The Honda Automobile Division reported March sales of 14,647 units, up 12% over last year, also breaking a record set in 2008. The Acura Division reported March sales of 1,708 units, up 4% over last year.
“The overall value package of the stylish and versatile Honda Pilot continues to resonate with Canadian SUV buyers, pushing the brand and HCI to achieve March sales unseen since 2008,” said Dave Gardner, Senior Vice President of Operations, Honda Canada Inc. “With the new Civic coupe arriving in dealerships late March, we expect the latest addition to Honda’s expansive and sporty new Civic lineup to provide a further boost to our spring sales.”
“Unveiled at the New York Auto Show, the refreshed 2017 MDX, going on sale later this year, ups its performance pedigree with bold styling and our exclusive Sport Hybrid powertrain represents a major injection of Acura's Precision Crafted Performance DNA,” added Gardner.
• Honda Canada Inc. reports best-ever March sales with 16,355 units sold versus the previous best March in 2008 with 16,285 units sold.
• Honda brand had its best March ever with 14,647 unit sales versus the previous best March in 2008 with 14,197 units sold.
• Honda Accord, CR-V and Pilot all posted double-digit gains over 2015 results for the second month in a row.
• The versatile Pilot saw a 53% increase in March on sales of 658 units, setting its 11th monthly record in 12 months.
• Acura RDX posted best-ever March sales with 694 units sold versus 634 units in 2014.
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.