MARKHAM, ON (February 3, 2014) – Combined January sales of 7,732 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 7% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported January sales of 6,820 units, up 10% over last year. The Acura Division reported January sales of 912 units, down 10% versus last year.
“Canadians combated the cold weather and snow in January by visiting their local dealerships to support Honda’s wide selection of trucks, including CR-V, Pilot and Ridgeline,” said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “Additionally, the all-new 2014 Honda Civic went on sale mid-December and Canada’s favourite car for the past 16 years has already taken an early lead in the competitive compact segment in 2014. The Acura MDX, AJAC’s ‘Best New SUV over $60,000’, is now a top three contender in the association’s ‘Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year’ award, igniting increased interest and driving January sales up 38 percent over last year.”
• Honda Civic was up 32% over the same period last year with 3,315 units sold, holding its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada on a YTD basis (versus 2,503 units sold in the same period last year)
• Honda CR-V sales were up 2% over the same period last year (versus 1,414 units sold in 2013)
• Honda Pilot sales increased by 13% over the same period last year (272 units sold in 2013)
• Honda Ridgeline saw an 11% increase in sales versus last year (123 units sold in 2013)
• Acura business was led by 355 delivered units of the MDX, AJAC’s ‘Best New SUV over $60,000’, up 38% over last year (versus 257 units sold in 2013)