MARKHAM, ON (June 3, 2013) – Combined May sales of 16,723 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 22% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported May sales of 14,680 units, up 22% over last year. The Acura Division reported May sales of 2,043 units, up 23% over last year.
“The spring selling season is underway and this is the type of momentum we really like to see,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “We knew we had something special with the 2013 Accord and Canadians clearly agree having parked more than 1,900 of them in driveways across the country. Honda Fit sales have more than doubled year-over-year while CR-V and Pilot posted their best year-over-year figures for May. Not to be outdone, Acura ILX had a breakout month with nearly 500 sold and RDX continues to impress with a 16% jump in sales over this time last year. Overall, May was a strong month and we’re working hard to keep things moving in this direction.”
• Honda Accord had very strong sales of 1,902 units sold versus 756 units in the same period last year (up 152%)
• Honda Fit was up 109% over the same period last year with 809 units sold
• Honda CR-V posted sales of 3,661 units, representing a 31% gain over 2,796 units sold last year
• Honda Pilot had a best May sales with 580 units sold versus 501 sold in May 2012
• Honda Odyssey sales were up 45% year-over-year with 1,318 units sold (over 911 sold in May 2012)
• Acura ILX had best all-time monthly sales of 488 units
• Acura RDX had best May sales with 690 units sold versus 594 sold in May 2012
Honda Canada has sold approximately 3.7 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada since 1973. Of all Honda and Acura vehicles sold in Canada in May, 95% were produced at the company’s assembly plants in North America.