MARKHAM, ON (August 1, 2013) – Combined July sales of 15,141 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 35% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported July sales of 13,454 units, up 40% over last year. The Acura Division reported July sales of 1,687 units, up 7% over last year.
“We’re very pleased to see strong growth for Honda and Acura in July,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “Canadians demand durability, reliability and quality from Honda and we continue to deliver. CR-V posted a record-breaking July, Accord sales have more than doubled over last year and response to the all-new MDX luxury sport utility vehicle is exceptional. It has been a great summer so far and we’re looking forward to the months ahead.”
• Honda Civic was up 36% over the same period last year with 6,065 units sold and regained the top selling passenger car position on an YTD basis
• Honda CR-V had best July sales with 3,269 units sold
• Honda Accord had very strong sales of 1,646 units sold versus 787 units in the same period last year (up 109%)
• Honda Pilot was up 49% over the same period last year with 601 units sold
• Honda Fit was up 38% over the same period last year with 675 units sold
• Acura MDX recorded its best July with 600 units sold versus 540 in July 2009
• Acura ILX recorded its best July with 316 units sold versus 285 in July 2012
• Acura RDX recorded its best July with 478 units sold versus 470 in July 2012
Honda Canada has sold approximately 3.7 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada since 1973. Of all Honda and Acura vehicles sold in Canada in July, 95% were produced at the company’s assembly plants in North America.