MARKHAM, ON (May 1, 2013) – Combined April sales of 15,343 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 20% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported April sales of 13,257 units, up 17% over last year. The Acura Division reported April sales of 2,086 units, up 39% over last year.
“As expected, strong April sales have propelled us back into positive year over year growth. Our core models are seeing solid support as we continue through the Spring selling season, with CR-V posting best-ever April monthly sales,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. “For the first time since October 2009, Acura reported monthly sales above two thousand units, fueled by RDX all-time best monthly sales and MDX best April sales. With a strong start to the second quarter, we expect Acura’s growth to continue as we refresh the Acura product lineup this summer.”
• Honda Fit was up 105% over the same period last year with 751 units sold.
• Honda Accord had strong sales of 1,738 units sold versus 684 units in the same period last year (up 154%).
• Honda CR-V posts best all-time April sales of 3,793 units, up 31% over 2,905 units sold last year.
• Acura RDX had best all-time monthly sales of 750 units, over the previous record of 594 units in May 2012.
• Acura MDX had best April monthly sales with 789 units sold versus the previous best April of 533 units sold in 2007.
Honda Canada has sold approximately 3.7 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada since 1973. Of all Honda and Acura vehicles sold in Canada in April, 95% were produced at the company’s assembly plants in North America.