• Honda Canada Inc. combined and Honda Division set all-time annual sales records
• Acura Division posts best annual sales since 2008
• Civic remains on top as Canada’s best-selling car for 17th consecutive year
MARKHAM, ON (January 5, 2015) – Combined 2014 annual sales of 172,426 units by Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. is a 5% increase over 2013 and represents the best annual sales in company history. The Honda Automobile Division reported 2014 sales of 152,893 units, up 5% over last year, establishing an all-time yearly sales record for the division. The Acura Division reported annual sales of 19,533 units, up 3% over 2013, which are the brand's highest annual sales since 2008.
“We want to thank the thousands of Canadians who supported Honda and Acura this past year, as our loyal customers are a key pillar of our success. Closing out the year with best annual sales in our company’s history for both the Honda brand and Honda Canada combined is a true testament to the strong value of our overall product offering,” said Jerry Chenkin, president and CEO of Honda Canada Inc. “December continued the trend we have seen all year, as customers responded favourably to our core Honda models, such as the Honda Civic, CR-V, Odyssey and Fit, AJAC’s Best New Small Car under $21,000. The same was true for Acura, and our Acura luxury line-up including TLX, RDX and MDX."
"2015 promises even more excitement as we continue to expand our lineup, starting with the launch of the all-new Honda HR-V, which Canadians can watch for at the Montreal Auto Show early this year. Acura will unveil significant changes to the ILX in Montreal and have more great news in Toronto mid-February,” added Chenkin.
2014 Honda Canada Inc. highlights
• Honda Canada had its best year in company history in 2014 with 172,426 sales versus the previous all-time record year in 2008 with 171,358 sales.
• Honda brand had its best year in company history with 152,893 sales versus the previous all-time record year in 2008 with 151,974 sales.
• Honda Civic remains in top position as Canada’s best-selling passenger car in Canada for the 17th consecutive year.
• Honda CR-V had its best year ever with 37,684 sales versus the previous best in 2013 with 34,481 sales.
• Acura brand posts best annual sales since 2008 (19,533 sales versus 19,384 sales)
• Acura RDX had its best year ever with 6,557 sales versus the previous best in 2013 with 6,112 sales.
• Acura MDX had its best year ever with 6,272 sales versus the previous best in 2013 with 6,114 sales.
Combined December sales of 13,818 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 4% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported December sales of 11,934 units, up 3% over last year. The Acura Division reported December sales of 1,884 units, up 6% over last year.
Honda Canada Inc. December highlights
• Honda CR-V set an all-time monthly sales record in December with 4,603 sales versus the previous best month record set in November 2014 with 4,461 sales.
• Acura RDX had its best December with 551 sales versus the previous best December in 2013 with 498 sales.
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 4 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.