Acura growth in double digits for second straight month
MARKHAM, ON (March 3, 2015) – Combined February sales of 8,307 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 6% decrease over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported February sales of 7,200 units, down 8% versus last year. The Acura Division reported February sales of 1,107 units, up 14% over last year.
“Mother Nature had her cold clutches on most of the country in February, resulting in decreased traffic to our dealerships. Although February sales didn’t meet expectations, we’re confident we will recover lost sales with exciting products such as the Honda HR-V, Pilot and Acura ILX coming to showrooms in the next few months,” said Dave Gardner, senior vice president of operations, Honda Canada Inc. "The Honda Fit, AJAC’s Best New Small Car under $21,000, posted solid sales and set an all-time February monthly sales record. The Acura luxury brand continues to impress for the second straight month, with a 14 per cent increase over last year, thanks to the all-new TLX luxury sports sedan.”
• As AJAC’s Best New Small Car under $21,000, Honda Fit sales are up 86% versus the same period last year, setting an all-time February sales record (728 units versus 587 units in 2008)
• The Canadian-made Honda CR-V continues its success with an increase of sales to 2,286 units for a year-over-year increase of 3%
• Acura ILX saw year-over-year growth of 14% (136 units versus 119 in 2014)
• Acura sales were led by the success of TLX, with year-over-year growth of 222% (309 units versus 96 in 2014)
• Acura RDX surpassed expectations with 406 units sold for year-over-year growth of 16%, setting an all-time February monthly sales record (versus 382 units sold in 2013)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 4 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.