MARKHAM, ON (November 1, 2016) – Honda Canada today reported an increase of 2% in October, on sales of 17,270 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined, posting a new overall October sales mark. The Honda Automobile Division set a new October record, gaining 1% on sales of 15,304 units. The Acura Division reported October sales of 1,966 units, up 12% over last year.
"Breaking 10-year-old sales records for the third consecutive month, Ridgeline delivers new levels of versatility, capability and comfort to Canadians coast to coast,” said Dave Gardner, Senior Vice President of Operations, Honda Canada Inc. “The all-new 2017 Civic Hatchback was added to the Civic family and inserts a fresh dimension to an already robust car lineup. The expanding 10th generation Civic roster brings new energy to the car side of our business, even as our trucks continue with steady gains.”
"Acura's truck lineup of products equipped with advanced technology systems and confident Super Handling All-Wheel Drive performance, traditionally resonate with customers in the fall and winter months, pushing the brand’s October sales growth,” added Gardner.
• Honda Canada Inc. sales rose 2% to set an October record with 17,270 units sold
• Honda Division saw its best October ever with 15,304 units sold versus 15,169 units in 2015
• Honda CR-V topped a monthly record for the fourth consecutive month with 4,404 units sold versus the previous best October in 2015 with 3,630 units sold
• Honda Ridgeline broke a 10-year-old monthly sales record for the third consecutive month with 471 units sold
• For the fourth consecutive month, Acura RDX set a monthly sales record with 829 unit sales versus the previous best October in 2015 with 624 units sold
Honda Canada Inc. (HCI) was founded in 1969 and is the parent company for both Honda and Acura vehicle brands in Canada. The company has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light trucks in Canada.