MARKHAM, ON (December 1, 2016) – Honda Canada today reported an increase of 2% in November, on sales of 15,015 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined, posting a monthly sales record for the third consecutive month. The Honda Automobile Division set a new November record, gaining 1% on sales of 13,183 units. The Acura Division reported November sales of 1,832 units, up 5.5% over last year.
“Contrary to the current industry trend, Honda’s November record was achieved through strong small car sales,” said Dave Gardner, Senior Vice President of Operations, Honda Canada Inc. “Fit and HR-V led the way, with support from Civic, as the expanded 10th-generation Civic family continues to insert a fresh dimension to an already robust car lineup. We’re very pleased to see the Civic maintaining its healthy lead in the passenger car sales race, as we head into the last month of the year.”
“Well-suited for winter driving in Canada, the performance handling technologies offered on products like the Acura TLX sports sedan, drove the brand’s second consecutive month of sales growth,” added Gardner.
• Honda Canada Inc. sales rose 2% to set a November record with 15,015 units sold
• Honda Division saw its best November sales to date with 13,183 units sold versus 13,025 units in 2015
• Honda Fit showed an uptick of 74% versus last year
• Honda HR-V topped a monthly record with 1,550 units sold versus the previous best November in 2015 with 1,007 units sold
• Acura TLX holds strong in a tough segment with 404 units sold, up 24% over last year
• For the fifth consecutive month, Acura RDX set a monthly sales record with 735 units sold versus the previous best November in 2015 with 613 units sold
Honda Canada Inc. (HCI) was founded in 1969 and is the parent company for both Honda and Acura vehicle brands in Canada. The company has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light trucks in Canada.